The main priority of Blocks is the health and safety of our residents, patients and associates.
Below you will find basic and up-to-date information related to COVID-19 and the measures we take in Blocks Health and Social Care.
Guided by strict internal protocols for working in a pandemic, our nursing homes, medical center and hospice work with the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Blocks:
- The premises are allowed only by people wearing masks that must be correctly placed on the face without being removed or placed under the nose;
- All entrants are subject to mandatory hand disinfection and are instructed to follow the rules for a social distance of at least a meter and a half (1.5 meters);
- A daily screening protocol has been introduced for all entrants – employees, our associates, service providers and attendants;
- Any new patient at Blocks Hospice or resident at Blocks homes for elderly is admitted only after the submission of a negative PCR test for Covid-19 taken no more than 48 hours prior to admission;
- Accompanying people are allowed only in cases when this is necessary – one accompanying person per patient or resident;
- Daily monitoring of residents and patients for symptoms of infection;
- A protocol has been introduced for temporary dismissal of our employees who have Covid-19 symptoms until a negative result is obtained from a PCR test for Covid-19 and symptoms disappear;
- An isolation protocol has been introduced in a private room of a patient or resident who has Covid-19 symptoms until a negative result is obtained from a PCR test for Covid-19 and symptoms disappear;
- A special cleaning and disinfection regime have been introduced with special emphasis on all frequently touched surfaces.
Blocks continues to follow the instructions of local and state health authorities, including orders issued by the Ministry of Health and the prescriptions of the SRHI (Sofia Regional Health Inspectorate) as well as to monitor and implement global trends and best practices.
“We must not forget that the fight against Covid-19 is not a sprint but a marathon. In this situation, the most important thing for us is to take care of the safety and comfort of our residents, patients and staff from their first step in Blocks. I believe that working together we will be able to achieve this”
– Mila Kitova, Director of Nursing at Blocks Health and Social Care
Full instructions for organizing and screening patients, visitors and staff to prevent the spread of Covid-19 can be found here.Leave a reply